Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Car Boy

Well, it looks to me like on the eve of Matthew's birthday, that he is a car boy. It's funny, when little boys are between one and two or even three they are generally intensely interested in one or tow categories of toys. Some boys love trucks, some love trains, dinosaurs, blocks, balls .....the list goes on. As for now, Matthew is actually divided between books and cars. He even makes the "Brrrrrrr" sound when he pushes cars on the floor. I love it. It's adorable.

I remember my nephew Scotty being a car/train boy when he was little. He had the Thomas train table and everything, and not to mention a few hundred hot wheels. You know when I think about it, we really haven't bought any "boy" toys for Matthew. The cars he plays with are Devon's. We're mean parents we don't really buy toys very often, the grandparents do that enough. I guess it's our way of trying to teach gratefulness. As we tell Devon (thanks to Madam Blueberry) "a thankful heart is a happy heart."

I was really hoping to have a partner to share my passion for dinosaurs, but I'm not giving up hope. Devon does enjoy dinosaurs, but she isn't that into them. Matthew actually destroyed her only dinosaur non-fiction book, which was my fault for not paying attention to the ripping sounds coming from the back seat a couple of weeks ago. That's ok, it just a good excuse to go to Half Priced Books. ;) And maybe when Matthew is older we can memorize all the different types of dinosaurs together. Hey, it could happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, that is cute and it could happen. He could grow up to be Ross. ;) A dino loving paleontologist! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D