Friday, September 16, 2011

Rubbing Off

Watching the kids grow into their own little personalities is very fascinating. They are their own self, but at the same time we can see a little bit of me and Chris in them too.

I'm a photography junky, well, a "wanna-be" photography junky. I love, love, love, love taking pictures of my kids. I don't always know what I'm doing, but I have fun doing it anyway. So they are quite used to seeing me behind a camera, and more recently my phone camera. Today Devon wanted to take pictures of her "families" as she called them. They are her toy cars, from the movie Cars, that she has turned into families, some because they look alike and some spawned from her imagination.

I was very lucky to get a digital SLR for mother's day a few years ago, so of course I was hesitant about letting her use my very expensive "baby." But I let go of anxiety and let her give it a try. It was incredible seeing her instantly mimicking me. She was standing on her knees, her belly and just moving around to "get the right picture."


It's fun to see her loving what I love, not because I make her but because most kids have a desire to be like their parents in some form. It's just another reminder that more of me rubs off on the kids then I might be aware of.

Here is the best picture of her Cars family. Not bad for her first try. :)

No comments: