Saturday, May 31, 2008

Going Overboard

One of my hometown best friends had her first baby this week. I was so lucky to actually be in Mesquite when it happened. Talk about a cutie-pie! It was awesome to be able to see baby Oliver on the day he was born and to see Becky and Robert with all too familiar expressions on their faces that say, "Thank God the delivery is over. Now what?" I mean it was only a little over four years ago that Chris and I had the same expressions on our faces.

Now before I was pregnant, and even while I was pregnant with Devon I had no idea I would be overcome with the craving for knowledge about everything there is to know about babies.I have a shelf of books on parenting and babies. I feel like I have had almost every breastfeeding problem. Devon had a mild case of colic. We have survived off of one income the whole time, even while I was going to school. I feel like I have this vast store of parental knowledge and anytime I get the opportunity to use it, I go overboard. I don't mean to. And I never realise it until it is too late. I just start firing away everything about breastfeeding and what this and that means. It's frustrating and not to mention embarrassing.

I just love to talk about babies, kids and parenting. I can only hope that it is a good thing, as long as I can control myself. It's funny to think about the fact that I would have never pictured my life the way it is now at age 25. I know there are people out there from back in high school who hear I have kids and think the world is doomed. If only they knew me now....

1 comment:

Trip said...

dude, I seem to remeber you being totally shocked that I was going to have a baby, just think of how shocked I was when I found out you had one! lol... Hey its great to be able to have the knowledge to lend out to people about babies and breastfeeding..go you!