Monday, June 2, 2008

Crikey!!

The other day I was driving to the grocery store and I saw what I thought was trash blowing in the road. When I came up to it I realized it was a snake over two feet long!! I couldn't help but think of good ol' Steve Erwin, also known as the Crocodile Hunter. If you were a fan of the show like I was (back when I was living on campus and had cable!) then you know that he would always come across these huge snakes while he was conveniently driving around. Who knew that could happen to everyday people, and not just herpetologists.

I was so tempted to spring out of the car and creep over to it just like Steve-o would, but then I remembered the last time I tried to pick up a snake and decided otherwise. I looked in my reptile book to see if I could identify it, but it wasn't in there. It covered reptiles in North America, but obviously didn't have them all. I'm guessing that I would need to look in a Texas reptile book or somebody bought an imported snake and just let it loose when it got too big. That is really common for people to do!

No comments: