Saturday, January 29, 2011

Preach Retreat

So most of you know that last fall I decided to plunge down the path of Lay Speaking. I took the first of two classes to be certified in the fall and then in May I will take the other class. But before then, I am 90% certain that I will be going to a Lay Speaking Event. I'll be gone from home for three days and the only reason I'm not 100% sure that I will go is because Chris has to get March 4 off from work. If he can't I have a few back up ideas, but hopefully he can just get the day off.

What is kinda cool is Wednesday night after I finished getting the media ready for Selah (the worship service I attend) I went and talked with one of the new pastors about me becoming a Lay Speaker. They've known I'm perusing it, but I felt like I wanted them to be apart of the process. So we had a good little chat and it just got me even more excited about wanting to preach and then I came home and saw on my Facebook page the information on this event.

I'm a little nervous about going because I'm pretty sure I will know nobody there, and that always brings up a little anxiety in me. But I'll be hanging out with lots of Methodists and will probably meet a ton of interesting people. I'm not sure if I will be required to prepare a sermon to get credit for the course. We shall see.

It will be in Kerrville, and the bonus to that is I will get to drive through Fredericksburg I haven't been there yet. I know shame on me. We've lived in Austin for almost 6 years now, probably should have ventured there by now. But hopefully in a month I will get to do that. :)

No comments: