Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is What I Was Made For

I think it's pretty obvious that I have a random obsession with making food cute, especially for Devon's lunches. Today Devon's class is having a holiday party and of course I volunteered to bring something. Now I remember Christmas parties from my days in elementary school. They consisted of a half hour of sugar, sugar and more sugar! So I decided to bring something not so sugary, but still kid friendly and FESTIVE!
So I bought a few bricks of cheese and cut them into Christmas trees, stars and gingerbread men with my mini cookie cutters (which I LOVE!) and I bought some snowflake Ritz crackers. I put them on a platter and presto! a healthy snack.

I was planning on making pumpkin muffins too, but I changed m mind and decided to make apple muffins instead. Don't ask why, I'm just weird like that. But while I was picking up some items I left off my grocery list yesterday I just happened to need to go to the crafty baking isle and they had these way cute mini muffin molds that I couldn't resist. So not only were my muffins deliciously healthy, but they too were cute shapes too!

I'm a big dork, and I'm ok with that. :)

1 comment:

Melani said...

Those are awesome. I need cute lessons...I'll be calling you when next time I need something for a preschool party for ideas. :)