Friday, December 12, 2008

Pep Talk

Man, lately I've been struggling. I haven't seen my counselor in over a month and I thought I would be ok with that, but I think I was wrong. And that makes me sad. I don't know what's worse, the label or the sickness. Postpartum depression. Just saying it makes me feel worse, it's such a yucky label.

And to top it all off, Devon is learning how other kids behave and is testing out these new behaviors at home. But then again she is also acting her age, which will be over in a few months and then she will be five. That is such a big age. But I feel like this whole week I have been battling with her over things I know she knows better. Like complaining when it's time to pick up. Or throwing a huge whining fit when it's time to brush her teeth and hair in the morning. And not listening, when I ask her to do something. That's getting pretty old too.

Actually, now that I look at my list of battles, I'm thinking they are very typical for her age and pretty harmless. I've just got to keep telling myself "She's four and overall is very well behaved for her age." I mean right now as I'm typing she is "reading" books to Matthew teacher style where she holds the book out to the side so he can see the pictures too. It's pretty cute. Sadly enough it's these cute little moments that help me get through my days.

So this is my pep talk, because by golly I need one! I'm a kick ass Mom and one hell of a wife. My kids are awesome and all kids have their moments. I'm healthy (well at least physically). And tomorrow I get to go Christmas shopping for the three most important people who adore me. You've got a fantastic life Michelle, and you will get better soon!

No comments: