Monday, March 30, 2009

My Body, The Traitor

So lately I have had a sneaking suspicion that something is not right with my body. I won't get too technical but to sum it up I believe I have all the symptoms of being lactose intolerant. And never have I realized just how much dairy I take in daily, until I tried to cut it out of my diet.

I have started everyday that I can remember with a bowl of cereal, recently I switched to coffee mugs to better control my portions, and this requires milk. No biggie. I just switched to soy milk, which I occasionally drank in college because I thought it was yummy. So nothing new there. But now I must buy three types of milk every grocery trip. We have whole milk for Matthew, skim for Devon and now light soy for me. Cha-ching!

Going on we look at lunch. I usually just make a sandwich or eat left overs from the night before. Well, they make soy cheese, which I tried the shredded version in my enchiladas last week and I didn't taste a difference, but then again they were drowned in green chili sauce. I'm a little nervous about sliced soy cheese. There's not much to a sandwich to hide the taste if it's weird. So I could just not put cheese on my sandwiches. Well, that just stinks.

Dinner. This one is tougher because it effects the whole family. How do I make my beloved lasagna? Cheese ravioli? I love cheese the most out of all the dairy options. I just recently fell in love with feta. It's amazing, but I sprinkled a little on my salad tonight, hoping feta would maybe be an exception and right now my tummy is telling me "No. It's not an exception!" So I am sad, and in pain.

So now, I am definitely mad at my body. What brought on this sudden change? Why are you punishing me? *pouting*

No comments: