Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Surrogate Mommy Boosting Morale

So every morning when I drop Devon off at school, I walk her to her classroom where she has to sit on the ground in the hall with her class until the teacher lets them in. Lately, many of the kids are real interested in playing with Matthew, and Devon, of course, is just so proud to show him off and show them things like how to tickle his feet. Mostly it is the little girls who want to see him, but there have been a couple of days where a few boys have wanted to play with Matthew too. Doing this has allowed me to get to know these little kiddos and now I know at least half of their names. L (I don't want to use their names) always wants to show me her lunch, even though it is the same thing everyday, but it's cute.

Well, today there was a group of five little girls adoring and playing with Matthew and then the teacher opened the door. When Devon stood up I gave her a hug as usual and told her to have a good day. After that, one little girl wanted to give me a hug too, then all of them did. It was really sweet. I just love the fact that I can give them a little extra love, maybe even boosting their confidence to get their day of learning started. :)

But who knows what this is doing to Matthew. I mean he's sitting here getting loved on by a big group of girls five days a week. Who knows....

No comments: