Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Devon's Gift

Well, Sunday evening Chris and I were discussing whether or not to go out for my birthday. I said no, because we've agreed not to do any spending on the credit card, except for gas. He said my birthday was an exception.

So during our discussion Devon says, "Daddy, are you made at Mommy?"

Chris says, "No. I'm just frustrated."

Then Devon made my day by saying, " You shouldn't be frustrated at Mommy. Mommy is nice to everybody."

This made us all smile. It is so incredible to know that Devon really does notice that I try to be nice to everybody. It was the best birthday present a mom could ask for. I have always heard that kids will be more likely to do what they SEE their parents do. It's not just about telling them how to act, you have to behave too. :)

So in the end, Chris and I went out to dinner while Granny Franny watched the kiddos. But this wasn't any ordinary dinner for us. We went to a place called The Melting Pot, which is a fondue restaurant. It was AWESOME! We had a four course meal that included bread and cheese fondue, salad, a main course fondue, and of course dessert fondue. We were so stuffed by the end. It was pretty pricey though, but a fun experience. I felt very loved that Chris wanted to take me out like that.

No comments: