Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's really going to happen

Today I when I got out of bed both kids were snuggled up to me, and it was incredible. Matthew woke up a little after midnight with some bad gas, (smooth idea giving him kidney beans last night) so I just pulled him in bed with me to nurse him back to sleep. I know. I broke my rules for having him sleep in his own room, but seriously breastfeeding him relaxed him enough to also relax his stomach so the gas could pass easily. Oh and I was pretty tired too. ;) Devon woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off, so she just climbed in bed with us and snuggled until 6:15am. Then we all got up together. I had to wake Matthew up though. Poor kid. Can't leave him in the bed all alone, at least not without injuries.

So, all that to say it was a loving start to my day. Today my stomach is filled with butterflies, I am seriously giddy about tonight. Chris is getting tired of all the "Obama hype," but I'm not. I'm lovin' it, soaking up every drop. Nothing is going to keep me from watching this.

I really hope Devon's class is doing something special about the inauguration too. I know on election day they had a mock election and when she told me about it, she said "I voted for Obama, just like you Mom. He's my favorite."

I'm just so pumped today. I've already done some cleaning and organized Devon closet by putting together a new shelf. And it's not even 9:30am yet! I also have some help from an old friend I thought I had parted ways with for good. Coffee. I love you. I'm sorry I turned my back on you. I realize you are my friend and are an important key to my sanity. Just one cup a day, with one tbs of sugar and I'm good to go.

No comments: