Monday, January 5, 2009

Cinco Anos???

Let me translate. Five years....... or One thousand, eight hundred and twenty five days. Sixty months. Half a decade. A quarter of a quarter of a century. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a long time or a blink of an eye. For me, it's been a little of both.

As of this Thursday, Chris and I will have been married for five years. Raise your hand if you're shocked it lasted this long. Put it down! I was just kidding. Geeeesss. We've had two kiddos since then, moved twice, graduated from college, survived the police academy (and yes that is a WE thing), bought a car together, bought a house together, had plenty of arguments, but even more laughs. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done, and yet I say that in the highest regards, because if you can believe it that is really the ultimate compliment. Just look at it this way. Michael Phelps would say winning eight gold medals was the hardest thing he ever did, but you wouldn't look at that negatively. Anyway. Rambling.

And yet somehow we missed out on having a honeymoon. We're going to have to change that soon, but probably not until next year. And it won't be any wimpy trip either, we're thinking of leaving the continent!! "Ahhhhhh, I love the smell of Europe in the morning." - Eddie Izzard.

Not to get too mushy, but I never thought love would feel this way. Sometimes it makes me want to rip all my hair out and run screaming down the street. Sometimes it makes me want to stay in a moment for all of eternity. It encompasses the widest spectrum of emotions possible and challenges me daily. It's the greatest gift I've ever received.

So. What's in store for us in the future, besides a belated honeymoon? More kids? Doubtful. I'm hoping for a lifetime of happiness, but that's for the movies. We'll just have to see what life throws at us and then laugh it off later.

No comments: