Friday, January 23, 2009

Mischief Report

So since my little guy is a magnet for mischief I decided to occasionally chronicle it. Because how else am I going to remember it to put in his baby book? I haven't decided if he just has a normal boy level of mischief or if he is above average. I only have Devon to compare him too and she was anything but mischievous as a baby. So as of right now here is what he's getting into.

He has been playing in the pantry as long as he has been able to crawl to follow me in there to fold the clothes. He loves pulling all the clothes out of the dryer for me and throwing them on the floor. However, that doesn't fill his mischief tank. Now he has discovered that he can reach the bottom shelf of the pantry and I caught him this morning with some loot. He grabbed a box of Bakers chocolate. I let him play with it until he discovered how to open the box. Then I had to trade him for a big wooden spoon.

He has discovered how to open the cabinet doors. This is all my fault though. I used to open up the cabinet that has all the pots and pans for him to play with while I cook. So now he goes into the kitchen with the sole purpose to open that cabinet and pull out the pots, pans and of course their lids. And I also let him play in the cabinet that houses our tupperware. He has recently discovered that he can crawl into it and go for the goods in the back. Silly boy.

Oh and this one should get me the parent of the year reward. About a week ago Matthew discovered a little box that has samples of baby lotion, butt cream and shampoo. He loves to take it off the shelf of the changing table and empty it out. He also would chew on all the bottles. I never thought it was a bad idea until he handed me a sample bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo that was half empty. I freaked out!! I ran to Chris saying, "Does his breath smell like baby shampoo?" And of course it did. He had drank half of that little bottle. I felt horrible. So that little box has been hidden away where he can't get to it. I can't believe that happened. Apparently his new teeth aided him in popping the lid open. It's not harmful or anything, but he did have a very loose stool a few hours later. Like I said, parent of the year. Right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! That is so funny, I can't believe he drank shampoo. LOL!! I don't let Oliver chew on anything anymore since he has 6 teeth and I know how sharp they are....