Monday, January 26, 2009

Thinking During Playtime

So a while back, actually quite a while back, my good friends Gypsy and Suzanne came to visit and brought Devon some goodies. One of the things they got her was a solid art book. It looked fun, but somehow it got lost in her craft chest and I found it in the back a few days ago. Basically it is a kit to make a little Hello Kitty town by popping out the pieces and gluing them together and then you get to play with the little people in the town. It's way cute.

So yesterday during Matthew's nap we sat down at the kitchen table to put it together. Devon had a blast. It was perfect for a four year old. She could pop out the pieces on her and and fold them (for the most part, sometimes she needed a little help with the complex pieces) and glue them. It turned out much cuter than I originally thought. She loves playing with the little Hello Kitty people. It was such a cool thing to do together. It was like a model car kit, but cooler.

I was looking at the back and of course it was made in Japan. Why can't we make intelligent toys for our kids here! I love how she in essence had to earn her toy by working to put it together. Gypsy if you read this where did you find that?? We have one other one left that I'm saving for when this one becomes boring (which doesn't seem to be anytime soon). It's a little different than a town, but still looks fun.

1 comment:

Rina said...

hmmm, let me know when you find out...i should find some that are a little more geared towards a "boy". after all, my nephew will need some educational toys =)
tee-hee...i just like saying that...my nephew, yaay!