Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Run Devon Run!!

So this morning started out just like any other. Breakfast, shower, get Devon ready, feed Matthew, and head out the door at 6:40am to walk down the street to the bus stop. We even saw our neighbor walking her 8 year old daughter to the bus stop. As we are walking, I notice our neighbor and her daughter running and since we are so early, I assume they are being goofy and racing or something. But then, a few seconds later I notice flashing lights on the next block. Panic!

All I remember from that point is saying, "Devon the bus is here. Run!" I grab her hand and hug Matthew with my other arm, he's in the baby carrier and we book it. Poor little guy, he begins to get concerned after a minute of running so I hug him tighter. And for the record, if you are looking for a good lung opening work out just strap 18 extra pounds to your chest. If that doesn't make your chest burn, nothing will.

Oh and did I mention Devon was yelling, "Mommy! Wait! I can't run that fast!" Yep, it was total excitement this morning. Why the bus came almost ten minutes early this morning I will never know, but I sure would like a warning the next time that is going to happen.

After a week of walking Devon to the bus stop, I have timed it just right to where we only have to wait a couple of minutes before the bus gets there. I don't like having to stand out there too long in the chilly morning air with Matthew. So for the next few days I'm going to be leaving earlier just to be safe. Uhg...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sucks but hey...good morning workout like you said. :)