Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obamanos McCain

Last night I got less than five hours of sleep. Despite this, I feel rested and I'm in a great mood. Matthew was having trouble getting to sleep because tooth number two is starting to emerge, so he went to bed three hours later than normal at 10:45. I didn't mind too much because I was glued to the tv all night watching America make me proud.

I was truly concerned over the possibility that Obama would not win due to ignorance or fear of having a black president. I am truly in awe of what has happened. I feel like the enormity of this has not been realized. Obama has fulfilled the dream of millions. His governmental changes may never have the impact that this one accomplishment will have on our future. Our children will grow up with a hero who beat the odds, who broke the divide and who will (I hope) revitalize America's passion for fulfilling dreams.

Now I know I have done my share of razzing McCain, but you've got to give the man credit too. He is also responsible for bringing out people's passion to vote. Reawakening our value on the power of democracy. Obama gets most of the credit though (wink!). Go ahead America, stand up and celebrate!! Change is coming and I'm not talking about policy.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I was confused for a long time on who to vote for. I really liked McCain's talk of renewable energy, especially nuclear power. Once he started talking about taxing our healthcare, and then choosing Palin as his running mate, my mind was made up.

Thank you McCain for making this an easy decision for me.